Structure and Function of Organisms
IMPORTANT NOTICES SPRING 2009 (FIRST LECTURE AND LAB; LAB MANUAL; CPS SYSTEM):
1. There will be NO lab or lecture the first week of classes, i.e. the week of January 19.
2. Labs will meet as scheduled during the week of January 26. You will meet lecture the first time on Jan. 26 and attend your first lab as scheduled that week.
3. Monday lecture is a required component of the lab. You must attend the lecture and the lab for which you are registered unless you are given permission from an instructor to do otherwise. If you are going to miss a lab or you do miss your laboratory with a valid excuse, please fill out the Change Lab Request Form. Dr. Delia Brownson will attempt to assign you another lab session for that week.
4. Please purchase a copy of the Bio206L Laboratory Manual and a RF Generation II CPS remote (if you don’t have one already) at the University Coop (2244 Guadalupe; phone 512-476-7211). The manuals should be available in the Coop shortly before the beginning of class. Please see this link if there is any uncertainty about the remote you should buy.
5. There is a link below entitled "Enrolling in CPS system" that will give you instructions on registering your CPS remote so that you can use it in class. If during the semester, you have problems with the system, or a grade dispute, go to the link below "Help with CPS System".
6. Links to lecture material: You can download Powerpoint Slides used in lecture using the following link: http://www.bio.utexas.edu/courses/Bio206/powerpoints/
Exercise on Fungal Reproduction accidentally left out of lab manual
MIDTERM EXAM: Monday, March 30, 7:30-9:00pm
8 AM LECTURE: JES A121A
9 AM LECTURE: UTC 2.112A
2 PM LECTURE: BUR 106
FINAL EXAM: DATES AND TIMES AS LISTED BELOW:
8 AM LECTURE: Tuesday, May 19, 2-5 pm, JES A121A
9 AM LECTURE: Tuesday, May 19, 9am - 12 noon, JES A121A
2 PM LECTURE: Friday, May 15, 9am -12 noon, , JES A121A
YOU MUST ATTEND THE FINAL EXAM ACCORDING TO THE LECTURE FOR WHICH YOU ARE REGISTERED OR A GRADE PENALTY WILL BE ASSESSED!
Syllabus Instructor and TA Information Formal Lab Reports
Quiz Questions Enrolling in CPS system (pdf file) Help with CPS system
Amendment to Second Microscopy Lab and Procedure for Staining Epithelial Cells
1st lab (in PDF format in case you have not had a
chance to buy the lab manual)
If you do not have Acrobat reader installed on your computer, you may obtain a free copy from one of the following sites:
Bevoware (UT EID required: http://www.utexas.edu/its/bevoware)
Change Lab Request Form
Specific Lab Exercises
|Microscopy Labs||Oscilloscope Exercise (Pulse, EMG, and ECG)|
|Frog Sciatic Nerve||Frog Gastrocnemius|
|Photos Contributed by 06 Students||Photos Contributed by 08 Students|
|Link to movie of goldfish circulation|
Biological Sciences | UT Lecture Hall
Last updated on January 2008